Apply For A GrantDonate now
Dear Future Grant Recipient,
We request that you know which bike best fits your abilities and submit the following:
- A "comprehensive" letter introducing your daughter/son.
Please include your child's story along with your child's athletic accomplishments and goals.
- PROOF of experience on the adaptive bike being requested
(pictures/video of child riding requested bike) a letter from a PTAND if possible a completed order form.
- A personal, hand-written letter or picture from your daughter or son.
- MULTIPLE pictures FROM WITHIN THE LAST "3" MONTHS of your daughter/son in his or her wheelchair, walker, prosthetic, etc.
- A signed & completed grant application form.
- Grant recipients must be 18 years of age or younger and have a permanent physical disability (severe mobility impairment - i.e paraplegia, quadriplegia, amputation etc).
- The grant recipient must be able to self-propel the bike without assistance.
- Personal history of how athletics has assisted (or will assist) your child in overcoming their disability.
- Prior proof of use of requested adaptive bike. Find a program in your area here.
- Commitment to regular use of the handcycle.
We do not award cash grants or reimburse families/organizations for already purchased adaptive equipment. Please contact us prior to making any purchases.
Questions or Need More Information?
If you have any questions, need more information, or would be interested in donating to AHA in the memory of someone.
Applications can be mailed or emailed to the addresses below:
Fiona Gotfredson or Erin Campbell
Athletes Helping Athletes Foundation
5549 Copley Drive
San Diego, CA 92111